- Job Posting: Facility Services Director
Facility Services Director
Memorial Hospital & Health Care Center
The Facility Services Director coordinates and leads all activities in Maintenance & Plant Engineering by utilizing all available resources safely, effectively and efficiently while being consistent with the mission statement of Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center.
Associates degree in related field required. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management or related field preferred.
Minimum of 5 years experience leading a maintenance team, preferably in a healthcare setting. Experience in developing and executing a master facility plan. Mechanical and engineering background is preferred. Some knowledge of power plant equipment and operations is required.
- Supervise staff to ensure facilities are appropriately maintained in a safe, cost effective, energy efficient manner utilizing sustainable practices. Manage for continuing improvement of preventive maintenance and work order processes.
- Develop short and long term goals for Facility Services.
- Conduct staff evaluations, provide timely feedback, and develop continuing education strategies for staff.
- Prepare capital and operational budgets.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with all departments, contractors and vendors, keeping all informed about Facility Services issues in a thorough and timely manner.
- Monitor construction and renovation projects.
- Be familiar with codes and regulations pertaining to Facility Services and prepare appropriate reporting in a timely manner.
- Review reports for Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement, Board updates, Risk Management, etc.
- Assure compliance with Life Safety Codes.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Job Posting: Environmental Engineer
The Environmental Engineer conducts plan reviews and related work to determine compliance with applicable laws, rules, and standards in conformance with the mission and vision of the Indiana Department of Health to protect public health in the construction and operation of health care facilities and other structures that require plan review and approval. Emphasis is on applying architectural and engineering standards, safety, sanitation, water supply, sewage disposal, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and state licensing requirements as applicable for facilities located in Indiana requiring State approval. This role also may be called upon to assist with the investigation or resolution of public health or environmental problems that do not fall under the purview of other state or local agencies. This position functions as a resource on building and construction codes and requirements related to health care facilities, assists in tracking status of Health Care Engineering (HCE) staff projects, assists on preparing presentations for HCE, and serves as the designated team leader in the absence of the Program Director. Candidate shall possess a Professional Engineer or Architect license recognized by the State of Indiana with at least 3 years of experience in the healthcare field, engineering design, building design, or plan review. This is an in-house position.Continue reading →
- Job Posting: Maintenance Technician
IU Health System Services (Indianapolis, IN); Req# 318132
Maintenance Tech in Indianapolis, IN – IU Health
Performs scheduled and non-scheduled preventive maintenance, responding to dispatched general maintenance calls, and troubleshooting/repairing secondary utility systems of buildings, plumbing, air-conditioning, electrical and air systems. Maintains, repairs and inspects specialized machinery and equipment in accordance with code and regulatory requirements. Recommends through the appropriate channels any improvements and corrections to the facilities equipment. Coordinates functions with other services and departments. Trains colleagues on various skills and tasks specific to the building assigned. Acts as a resource or mentor to colleagues. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- May require a valid Indiana driver’s license with proof of insurance.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret information from complex blueprints, schematics and diagrams.
- Requires basic computer skills.
- Requires a general understanding of maintenance and demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Job Posting: Electrical Engineer – Hafer
Hafer is a high-energy design firm that delivers value to clients by designing what matters most. As a thriving, busy practice, we’re looking to add a licensed electrical engineer to the team in our Evansville, IN office. We are looking for someone excited about the possibilities ahead as we grow. Hafer’s team of architects, engineers, planners, and interior designers thrive on working together to create holistic designs for our workplace, education, community, and healthcare clients. The position is a senior level engineer requiring project design and management, staff oversight, and client cultivation. The position will involve working with: Power Distribution, Lighting, ow Voltage Cabling Systems, Building Fire Alarm & Security Systems for commercial, healthcare, government and education facilities. The position requires knowledge and use of AutoCad/Revit, and other engineering software programs. Above all, the candidate will be a team player, enjoy working with people, have excellent communication skills and possess the initiative to grow in a challenging environment.
The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus an excellent benefits package including a profit sharing plan, 401K, health and life insurance. Hafer is certified as a Best Place to Work® by the Best Workplaces Institute and believes great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Hafer provides opportunities for growth and values talent development. Hafer views professional development programs as strategic investments in the firm’s and employee’s future.
At Hafer, we look for people who are creative and enjoy solving problems, while having fun along the way. Individuals who have a positive attitude, passion for great design, and would love to contribute to the Hafer culture, please apply! Feel free to check us out online at www.haferdesign.com or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/haferdesign.
Hafer is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply.Continue reading →