- Job Position: Director of Engineering
Community Hospital is committed to providing expert medical care to Northwest Indiana residents by investing in advanced technologies, innovative treatments and specialty trained staff. The hospital utilizes multidisciplinary teams of health professionals and shared governance among the nursing staff for increased collaboration and accountability in patient care. These efforts have led to the achievement of numerous quality awards and accreditations, recognizing Community Hospital’s consistent excellence in patient outcomes and experiences.
Director of Engineering
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering & Support Services, oversees managers/supervisors, staff and equipment of Maintenance, Clinical Engineering and Plant Operations for the Community Hospital as required to provide for the safety and comfort of patients, staff and public individuals. Directs Maintenance manager/supervisors in the upkeep of all hospital spaces. Directs Plant Operations’ managers/supervisors in operating and monitoring high pressure hot water boilers, water treatment procedures, absorption chillers, centravac chillers, steam generators, diesel power generators and HVAC air handling units when necessary. Plans, directs and controls all functions of the Clinical Engineering Departments to assure the highest possible level of safety, quality and equipment utilization; Assists managers/supervisors in coordinating all medical equipment maintenance and service procedures when necessary. This position supports the Community Hospital Main Campus and associated offsite locations.
- BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Business or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
- Preferred certified by AHA as a Certified Healthcare Facility Manager.
- Must be familiar with codes and standards related to Joint Commission, State Board of Health and NFPA.
- Must be familiar with human anatomy and physiology and healthcare treatment procedures.
- Microsoft Office, software applications, presentation skills, written communication skills, etc.
- Validation of driver’s license is required along with proof of auto insurance at time of hire and at annual performance review.
- Self-starter, people-oriented.
Interested applicants can apply online at https://careers.comhs.orgContinue reading →
- Job Position: Director of Environmental Safety
Witham has been named a Top Work Place in Central Indiana by the Indianapolis Star and a Platinum Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association. We have served Boone County and the surrounding communities for over 100 years. Witham offers a robust benefit package including a retirement plan with a company match, health and life insurance, and PTO. Competitive wages are based on experience.
Director of Environmental Safety
The Director of Environmental Safety plans daily, weekly and monthly needs of the department. Conducts daily inspections and acts/reacts to the workloads and activities of the Environmental Services (EVS) personnel. Conducts necessary rounding of the hospital and facilities regularly in order to evaluate proper cleanliness, safety, and procedures that are to be adhered to for all shifts in the department. The Director determines cleaning priorities and schedules, monitors staff productivity, assists the Infection Control Practitioner with monitoring areas that require special cleaning techniques and procedures. Responsible for training EVS processes. Meets regularly with Plant Operations in order to provide reports on progress and needs. This position serves as the organization’s Safety and Medical Laser Officer including remaining qualified with appropriate training for responsibilities associated with medical lasers.
Continuously seeks ways to improve knowledge and performance of the position and department.
Minimum Education/License/Certification Requirements
- Five to ten years of work experience in a housekeeping or EVS role or demonstrated knowledge of housekeeping techniques, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Willing to manage 24/7 departmental operations.
- Experience in supervision required.
- Competent oral/written communicator.
- Goal oriented.
- Must have means of communication via phone etc.; as well as, necessary transportation to meet the needs of the department and requirements of the position.
- Associates degree in Business or Management preferred.
- Certification in healthcare EVS or obtain certification within six (6) months of employment required.
- Certifications required of a Safety Officer within one (1) year hire.
Learn more: http://www.witham.org/careersContinue reading →
- Job Position: Biomedical Technician II
Columbus Regional Hospital
8304 Clinical Engineering Services
ABOUT THE JOB
Full-time; 40 hours/week, Hours: 6:00a-4:00p; Monday-Friday
Pay starts at $21.68/hour with additional compensation based on direct experience
Responsibilities include the highest levels of safety, maintenance and performance of the facility’s clinical and non-clinical equipment through safety inspections, preventive maintenance, calibration, corrective maintenance and equipment evaluation with associated reports and work orders. This position does not provide direct patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect and test equipment using manufacturer literature to determine operational and safety conditions.
- Perform periodic servicing such as lubricating, mechanical adjustments, electrical, electronic and calibration using manufacture literature.
- Perform routine electrical safety and preventative maintenance inspections on clinical equipment per manufacturer recommendations and accreditation agencies.
- Assemble and inspect new equipment.
- Install new equipment consistent with manufactures design plans and local requirements.
- Repair and service Clinical equipment and non-clinical equipment not operating in accordance with manufacture data.
- Consults with staff to ascertain that equipment functions properly and safely.
- Provide in-service education on an individual basis as required and provide in-service to departments as required.
- Perform administrative tasks, ensuring accuracy of the department’s CMMS system equipment data i.e. make, model and serial numbers, location, opening work orders, completing work orders with all pertinent data to include total time spent in completion, associated parts cost and any other information that may be relevant to the biomedical equipment and or clinical system in question.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in Electronics or a related field from an accredited college and or technical school;
- Or five to ten years related experience and/or training;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Req # 3590
- Job Position: Director of Facility Operations and Safety Officer
Woodlawn Hospital is a non-profit, 25 bed Critical Access facility located in Rochester, IN. It is surrounded by 33 wooded acres, which can be viewed from all private patient rooms and features a walking trail for the employees and community to enjoy. We are looking for a facility professional who is just as passionate as we are about providing the best medical care in the safest environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. A career at Woodlawn Hospital will place you at the center of a dynamic community of providers, learners and staff with a singular focus on patient-centric care.
This position will oversee the maintenance and grounds staff and serve as the Safety Officer.
Engineering/Technology degree or related field and CHFM certification preferred. 3-5 years in facilities management field with experience in general building maintenance and specific training in two or more of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, power plant, building automation systems, utilities management, or project management. Proficient knowledge of national and local codes and standards such as: NFPA, ASHRAE, NEC, AIA, HFAP is required.
Woodlawn Hospital offers excellent benefits and compensation package. Full relocation package.
- Job Position: Parkview Health
FES CMMS COORDINATOR
Requisition Number: 132633
Location: Parkview Health, Fort Wayne
Department: Fac – Eng
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: M – F, 7 – 4; occasional weekends
Summary: Works with customers in researching technology problems. Identifies and implements solutions for these problems in a timely manner. Responsible for coordinating the effective resolution of customer service problems or concerns. Provides general software and network support. Is responsible and accountable for the continuous operations and maintenance of Facilities CMMS Program. Responsible for application support, security setup and maintenance, system maintenance routines, month-end and year end closes. Generates and creates standard and custom reports, PM work orders, monthly chargebacks, new equipment inventory addition, PM procedure updates, maintains Joint Commission requirements for CMMS.
Education: Requires Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
Experience: Five years of progressive computer science, purchasing inventory, or CMMS programming experience. Prefer experience with AIMS CMMS Database. Must have demonstrated skills with Microsoft Access and Excel.
Additional Information: Parkview Health Job Posting