Only ISHE can help you:
- Build your professional skills: Only ISHE offers educational meetings and insider tours of Indiana healthcare facilities. Topics include engineering management, energy conservation, preventative maintenance, cost reduction, fire safety, codes & standard updates, and more. The information you’ll get from these meetings and tours is worth thousands of dollars … yet as an ISHE member these educational meetings and healthcare facility tours are included in your membership!
- Ask questions of key regulatory agency personnel outside of your facility. The ISHE Spring Conference lets you hear from and interact with representatives of key regulatory agencies such as The Joint Commission, HFAP, and the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH). This venue gives you the opportunity to learn and ask questions in a low-stress environment.
- Save time and reduce costs with new ideas: ISHE gives you in-person access to healthcare facility experts at each event. Hiring these consultants on your own would cost thousands of dollars.
- Build your network of fellow professionals who understand your challenges: The opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with your fellow healthcare professionals from across the state is priceless. As one member said, “It’s amazing how many problems you can solve just by talking with other members at meetings!”
- Stay on top of Indiana-specific healthcare engineering challenges: If you want to know what works in Indiana weather, with Indiana regulations, using Indiana resources, your fellow members have the real insights.
- Get continuing education credits. ISHE’s hospital presentations and tours are typically eligible for 2.5 Contact Hours (0.25 CEUs), while our Spring Conference is typically eligible for 7.5 Contact Hours (0.75 CEUs).
- Promote the future of healthcare engineering. As an ISHE member, your children and grandchildren are eligible to apply for ISHE scholarships of up to $1,000 per year.
How does ISHE benefit the profession and your facility?
ISHE activities help members to further develop their professional abilities and provide opportunities for members to exchange ideas and keep abreast of their discipline through its meetings and contact with members. See a summary of ISHE membership benefits in a flyer you can share with others or see the short ISHE membership video on the bottom of the home page.
Who is eligible for ISHE membership?
There are two types of ISHE membership opportunities available: Full Membership and Associate Membership. To apply for an ISHE membership, please complete the membership application. Already a member? Renew now.
“Full” membership in the society is available to those individuals who work in healthcare facilities, and who are active in the field of hospital engineering, and related hospital fields. Hospital engineering embraces multiple engineering disciplines that include managing, operating, and maintaining the physical plant facilities as well as communication and biomedical equipment and systems in health care facilities.
“Associate” members are suppliers of materials and services to health care facilities. Associate membership may be granted to individuals not otherwise eligible for full membership, who are actively involved with hospital or health care engineering in the State of Indiana. Associate membership shall be granted only to those professionals who will make a significant contribution to the betterment of the Society.
Membership in the society becomes effective upon recommendation of the secretary and approval by the members in the district, which the applicant belongs, and receipt by the secretary of the specified dues.
Apply right now online!
Already a member?
Note: If the system does not recognize your lapsed membership, simply choose “Join ISHE” from the top of the login page.