- Help you build your professional skills and CEUs: ISHE offers regularly scheduled educational meetings and tours of Indiana healthcare facilities. Topics include engineering management, energy conservation, preventative maintenance, managing your medical equipment program, electrical safety, cost reduction, fire safety and codes & standard updates. These meetings alone are worth thousands of dollars … yet as a member these educational meetings and healthcare facility tours are included in your membership! ISHE’s hospital presentations / tours are typically eligible for 2.5 Contact Hours (0.25 CEUs), while our Spring Conference is typically eligible for 7.5 Contact Hours (0.75 CEUs), all pending approval by ASHE.
- Help you build your professional network and gain new ideas: ISHE offers events throughout the year so you can tour facilities and learn the latest information on current issues and projects from the experts. You’ll enjoy exchanging ideas with your fellow healthcare professionals from across the state.
- Find a network of fellow professionals who understand your challenges: ISHE meetings let you share tips and ideas with your fellow healthcare engineering colleagues. A short conversation or follow-up call could save you hours of research and troubleshooting.
- Help you stay on top of Indiana healthcare engineering news and project information: ISHE events offers speakers such as those from the Joint Commission, the Indiana State Department of Health, and your fellow Indiana healthcare facility managers and their project managers.
- Help you promote the future of healthcare engineering. One of the great benefits of ISHE membership is that it makes your child or grandchild eligible to apply for ISHE scholarships of up to $1,000 per year.
How does ISHE benefit the profession and your facility?
ISHE activities help members to further develop their professional abilities and provide opportunities for members to exchange ideas and keep abreast of their discipline through its meetings and contact with members. See a summary of ISHE membership benefits in a flyer you can share with others or see the short ISHE membership video on the bottom of the home page.
Who is eligible for ISHE membership?
There are two types of ISHE membership opportunities available: Full Membership and Associate Membership. To apply for an ISHE membership, please complete the membership application. Already a member? Renew now.
“Full” membership in the society is available to those individuals who work in healthcare facilities, and who are active in the field of hospital engineering, and related hospital fields. Hospital engineering embraces multiple engineering disciplines that include managing, operating, and maintaining the physical plant facilities as well as communication and biomedical equipment and systems in health care facilities.
“Associate” members are suppliers of materials and services to health care facilities. Associate membership may be granted to individuals not otherwise eligible for full membership, who are actively involved with hospital or health care engineering in the State of Indiana. Associate membership shall be granted only to those professionals who will make a significant contribution to the betterment of the Society.
Membership in the society becomes effective upon recommendation of the secretary and approval by the members in the district, which the applicant belongs, and receipt by the secretary of the specified dues.
Apply right now online!
Already a member?
Note: If the system does not recognize your lapsed membership, simply choose “Join ISHE” from the top of the login page.