Power Plant Mechanic (Medxcel Facilities), Carmel
Description: This is a 3rd shift position. The Power Plant Mechanic is responsible to operate and maintain systems to produce chilled water and steam, the operation of related systems that supply utilities to the facilities, as well as operate, maintain and repair the boilers and associated equipment in the steam production systems. Perform Interim Life Safety Measure Assessment.
Facilities Systems Operations, Repairs & Maintenance – 100%
• Operate, maintain and repair the chillers and associated equipment in the chilled water production systems.
• Operate, maintain and repair the domestic hot water and cold water systems.
• Monitor and operate the computerized Energy Management System and Pneumatic Tube System.
• Maintain and analyze daily logs and conduct water tests to make adjustments to equipment controls and chemical levels.
• Monitor medical gas systems and master alarm panels and initiate appropriate action.
• Responsible for site specific regulatory testing and compliance.
• Maintains and contributes to systems training manuals and upgrades as changes occur.
• Associates may be directed to perform tasks other than those specifically presented.
• At least five (5) years of experience operating high pressure boilers and large chiller systems; healthcare environment preferred.
• Must have Power Engineers Certification from the National Association of Power Engineers or obtain within one (1) year. Other certifications may be required to obtain within a specific timeframe after hire.
• Must have experience reading blueprints, electrical/control schematics, and one-line diagrams.
• Requires critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work independent of supervision
• Ability to establish and manage relationships
• Ability to quickly learn new computer software
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
• Ability to set priorities and manage time amidst multiple tasks
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to absorb large amounts of information