Utility Plant Operator, Plant Operations, Hobart
BI-WEEKLY HRS: 80
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: HOURLY
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Under general supervision and according to established practices/procedures and/or instructions, operates and monitors the hospital’s utility systems. Inspects, tests, and controls steam, air, gas pressure systems, and emergency power generating equipment and systems. Performs preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
EDUCATION, SPECIAL SKILLS, PHYSICAL ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Analytical/problem solving ability necessary to:
- Interpret specifications and make appropriate adjustments in water chemicals.
- Detect malfunctions or defects in equipment and systems.
- Prepare and maintain related preventive maintenance records.
- Communication skills necessary to exchange routine, factual information.
- Level of knowledge ordinarily acquired through the completion of a vocational high school program.
- One to two years of experience in order to:
- Acquire a basic knowledge of pressured systems, related equipment, and preventive maintenance skills.
- Acquire necessary skills for use of hand/power tools.
- Develop necessary analytical and communication skills.
- Become familiar with hospital’s plant systems, policies, and procedures.
To apply please visit our website and complete the online application at: http://www.comhs.org/careers/search_careers.asp#search
St. Mary Medical Center, located in Hobart, Indiana, is part of Community Healthcare System located 40 miles south of Chicago. We are a 200-bed acute care hospital offering challenging opportunities as we continue to grow. Our Centers of Excellence include bariatric surgery, minimally invasive gynecology, orthopedic surgery, breast imaging and breast cancer care, as well as a multitude of accreditations in stroke, chest pain, imaging, oncology, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and more.