HVAC/Refrigeration Technician (Medxcel Facilities), Carmel
Description: Installs, operates and maintains the organization’s heating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
• High School diploma or GED required. Graduate of Trade School Preferred. Refrigerant Certification preferred.
• Three (3) to ten (10) years HVAC experience.
• Within the scope of the job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
• Must be able to work evening, nights, weekends and some holidays
• Installs, inspects, maintains, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on all heating, air conditioning, ice making, refrigeration and ventilation systems.
• Maintains and applies current knowledge of steam distribution, piping, valves, chilled and hot water reheat systems and Pressure Reducing Value (PRV) operation.
• Develops and implements departmental equipment procedures for power outages.
• Prepares the preventative maintenance schedule and produces monthly reports.
• May coordinate , maintain and repair all energy management systems.
• Maintains knowledge of and develops departmental equipment procedures for power outages.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement:
A. Service to the poor – Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life.
B. Reverence – Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life.
C. Integrity – Inspiring trust through personal leadership.
D. Wisdom – Integrating excellence and stewardship.
E. Creativity – Courageous Innovation.
F. Dedication – Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.