The Security Officer is responsible for the providing security services for the facilities and grounds of Witham Health Services (WHS). This position acts to deter loss of hospital, employee, patient, and visitor property by intercepting unauthorized individual sand investigating unusual incidents. This position will interface with employees, patients, visitors, and other guests on campus. It will also work effectively with local and state law enforcement agencies; as well as, other community groups. The Security Officer will also use technology to record incidents, rounds of the campus, and assist in investigations.
- High school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
- 2 or more years of working experience in the security industry is required.
- Experience working security in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Some formal training related to law enforcement or security practices is preferred.
- A valid Indiana Drivers’ license and a driving history that meets the minimum requirements of WHS insurance companies.
- Available to work days, evenings, nights or weekends and holidays as schedule requires.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current CPI certification.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain confidentiality with regards to patients and healthcare operations.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with WHS teamwork requirements.
- Works within the applicable guidelines of
- Life Safety Code,
- Indiana Stated Board of Health,
- The Joint Commission (TJC), and
- Any other Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).