The Systems Specialist is responsible for the daily function and operations of the buildings system control infrastructure to include but not limited to access control, CCTV, security alarm, fire alarm, nurse call, voice/data, automatic door operators and child infant abduction systems. The system specialist is responsible for sensitivity accuracy testing, repairs and proper functions of above systems and or work with Witham approved vendors for said services. Work orders/PM’s pertaining to these systems will be the responsibility of the Systems Specialist. The System Specialist will also be required to work with other specialists in the department to insure department needs and work load is met and have the ability to complete all other duties assigned.
- High School Graduate or grade equivalent degree (GED)
- Vocational Electrical Training and/or apprenticeship preferred or equal work experience in Systems field is acceptable. In house or field experience in a healthcare setting is a plus
- Experience in working in critical healthcare environments is admired.
- 5 or more years of working experience in commercial or industrial systems control tech role(s) is required.
- Possesses a valid Indiana Driver’s license and has a driving history that meets the minimum requirements of WHS insurance companies.
- Possesses and maintains telephone communication that supports callback requirements of the position as needed.
- Available to work days, evenings, nights or weekends and holidays as schedule requires.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in low voltage electrical control systems.
- Works safely and efficiently, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain confidentiality with regards to critical and private systems.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with WHS teamwork requirements.
- Works within the applicable guidelines of
- National Electric Code, Life Safety Code,
- National Fire Protection Agency,
- Indiana Stated Board of Health,
- The Joint Commission (TJC) and the
- Environment Protection Agency.
- OSHA Regulations
- Any other Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Demonstrates the ability to perform ALL required general duties of a Maintenance Mechanic as well as the job description for Systems Specialist.