We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer that has 8+ years within the building design industry who has experience with healthcare projects to join our Healthcare Design Studio. This person will be responsible for leading the engineering design on a variety of projects, and they will be responsible for developing and mentoring other engineers on their team and around the firm.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with mechanical system design within a hospital setting including heating, ventilation and air conditioning as well as medical gas systems and related plumbing systems. DC’s Mechanical Engineer enjoy the details of their craft, care that their decision will affect tour environment, and are the ultimate team players.
- BS graduate in Mechanical Engineering or BSArchE, ABET Accredited Program, BSMET Programs
- 8+ years of applicable experience in the Building Design Industry
- 3+ years of healthcare ME design experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) a plus
- Familiarity with Revit and/or Trane Trace a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Responsibilities
- Aptitude towards design
- Exercises sound time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication
- Ensures an attention to detail when handling projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks with little oversight
- Responsible for design and drawing preparation related to the commercial and institutional building construction industry under the guidance of professional engineers related to the design of HVAC, fire protection, and plumbing systems on Healthcare Projects
- Supervise and direct other mechanical engineer design efforts
- Establish preliminary project scope, budget, and schedule along with guidance from Project Manager
- Ability to represent DC at job site visits and communicate with contractors / subs / owners effectively
- Capable of independent evaluation, selection and application of standard engineering techniques and procedures with minimal guidance for unusual problems or unfamiliar systems
- Writing design narratives & engineering analysis
Have long-term career goals? Design Collaborative offers several formal career path options, including an entry-mid-senior engineering path, a leadership path, and an ownership path.
Ready to join the DC Team? Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary will be commensurate with education, credentials, and experience. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or national origin.