We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer that has 8+ years within the building design industry to join the DC team! This person will be responsible for leading the engineering design on a variety of projects, and they will be responsible for developing and mentoring other engineers on their team and around the firm.
While providing the technical excellence necessary to bring architectural and engineering concepts to life, DC’s Electrical Engineers push the envelope in the more conceptual, aesthetic world that is lighting design. Whether it is measuring the ergonomic effects of a lighting scheme or researching the latest concepts in energy management, their ability to see beyond presented information and get to the best solution sets them apart.
- BSEE graduate in Electrical Engineering or BSArchE, ABET Accredited Program
- 8+ years of applicable experience in the Building Design Industry
- Professional Engineer (PE) a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Responsibilities
- Aptitude towards design
- Exercises sound time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks with little oversight
- Mastery of production tools such as Revit and Excel required
- Areas of concentration include building power distribution systems, and lighting and low voltage auxiliary systems including fire alarm, security, data networking, and audio-visual equipment
- Responsible for design and drawing preparation related to the commercial and institutional building construction industry under the guidance of professional engineers related to the design of electrical, lighting, data, security, and A/V systems
- Supervise and direct other electrical engineer design efforts
- Involvement in field surveys of existing systems, and review and monitoring of installation and construction of above-mentioned systems
- Coordinates electrical requirements with other disciplines – routing of conduits, depth of equipment, space requirements, code clearances, etc
- Establish preliminary project scope, budget, and schedule along with guidance from PM
- Perform code searches (IBC, NFPA, ASHRAE 90.1) and comply with code requirements
- Capable of independent evaluation, selection and application of standard engineering techniques and procedures with minimal guidance for unusual problems or unfamiliar systems
- Create flow and control schematic drawings, specify control systems, and author sequences of operations for building and utility control systems
Have long-term career goals? Design Collaborative offers several formal career path options, including an entry-mid-senior engineering path, a leadership path, and an ownership path.
Ready to join the DC Team? Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary will be commensurate with education, credentials, and experience. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or national origin.