The basic function of the Facility Engineer is to provide all engineering support for design, construction, operations and maintenance for the Hospital and offsite properties.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage operations of the preventative maintenance program for the Engineering Department.
- Works according to diagrams, sketches, operations manual, and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Uses precision measuring and testing instruments.
- May have major responsibilities for electrical equipment.
- Responsible for training of assigned maintenance mechanics.
- Reviews, schedules, and assigns work requests for repairs and maintenance.
- Requires responsible experience in general maintenance involving electricity, plumbing, heating and mechanicalprinciples.
- Studies blueprints and diagrams to ascertain layouts, location, and specification of items to be installed, repaired, or serviced.
- Provide operations and maintenance knowledge on all building systems such as generators / transfer switches, electrical distribution, steam, heating hot water, chilled water, domestic hot and cold water, sanitary drain, storm drain, medical gases, fire protection, temperature control, card access, cctv and television.
- Manage construction and maintenance projects.
- Maintain all procedures to meet all regulatory compliance like JCAHO, HFAP, OSHA and SBOH.
- Work with Operations Director to complete research, budgets, designs, cost estimates and project management on new construction, renovations and maintenance projects.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 2 to 4 years experience in design, construction and maintenance of mechanical/electrical systems.
This full time position includes a comprehensive benefit package.
Apply for this position at www.riverview.org