Fort Wayne, Indiana – Design Collaborative
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer with interest or experience in the building design and construction industry (A/E/C). We are looking for graduates and experienced personnel to join our Engineering Team. These individuals will be responsible for designing lighting, power and low-voltage systems on a variety of projects, as well as fostering client relationships and performing construction administration.
Design Collaborative’s Electrical Engineer certainly possess the pragmatic skills and abilities needed to analyze and develop electrical systems for construction projects, but their role in building design doesn’t end there. While providing the technical excellence necessary to bring architectural and engineering concepts to life, DC’s Electrical Engineers push the envelope in the more conceptual, aesthetic world that is lighting design. Whether it is measuring the ergonomic effects of a lighting scheme or researching the latest concepts in energy management, their ability to see beyond presented information and get to the best solution sets them apart.
Why Join Design Collaborative?
Design Collaborative is a people-first employer with a culture built around five core values: putting people first, don’t be a passenger, love what you do, give back, and have fun. Whether you are passionate about design, love working with clients, enjoy solving problems and providing creative solutions, seek opportunities to be innovative, or you have aspirations for firm leadership or ownership, Design Collaborative has much to offer.
Since 1992, Design Collaborative has been improving people’s worlds through our commitment in creating people-first places. Our firm is made up of architects, engineers, interior designers, environmental graphic designers, project managers, as well as other related design, business, and administrative support staff. Each of our design studios are made of inter-disciplinary teams to create an environment that enhances communication and collaboration, which ultimately leads to effective and engaged teams and integrated and high-quality designs.
- BS graduate in Electrical Engineering or BSArchE, ABET Accredited Program
- Familiarity with the Building Design Industry
- EIT or Professional Engineer (PE) a plus
- Familiarity with ELUM Tools a plus
- Prior experience in the A/E/C industry is not required for an entry level engineering role
- 5+ years in the A/E/C industry is required for middle to senior level engineering roles
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Responsibilities
- Aptitude towards design
- Exercises sound time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication
- Ensures an attention to detail when handling projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks with little oversight
- Ability to work within a team-oriented design environment
- Areas of concentration include building power distribution systems, and lighting and low voltage auxiliary systems including fire alarm, security, data networking, and audio-visual equipment
- Responsible for design and drawing preparation related to the commercial and institutional building construction industry under the guidance of professional engineers related to the design of electrical, lighting, data, security, and A/V systems
- Participation in client and project team meetings bringing creative solutions to the table
- Where applicable, establish preliminary project scope, budget, and schedule along with guidance from Project Manager
- Involvement in field surveys of existing systems, and review and monitoring of installation and construction of above-mentioned systems
- Ability to represent DC at job site visits and communicate with contractors / subs / owners effectively
- Clearly understand and articulate systems and be a “proactive forward looking” individual
- Capable of evaluation, selection and application of standard engineering techniques and procedures
- Writing design narratives & engineering analysis
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with education, credentials, experience, skills, and position
- Benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and health savings account (including company contributions)
- 401(k) and Roth IRA retirement plans (including company contributions)
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Wellness program
- Bonus program
- Flexible scheduling and remote work options
More About Design Collaborative
Design Collaborative is a national award-winning, 2020 Top 100 A/MEP/ID firm based in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Driven by its mission to improve people’s worlds with a focus on people-first places, the firm is as diverse in its vertical markets as it is with its geographic footprint. Working across healthcare, higher education, financial, workplace, industrial, mixed-use, and other markets, the firm positively impacts its clients’ culture, operations, and bottom line through purpose-driven design using its propriety approach – Fingerprint™ process.
Recent national design and project awards include Fast Company’s 2020 Innovation by Design Honorable Mention for eight-time award-winning Riverfront Fort Wayne Promenade Park. The firm also ranked on 13 separate BD+C 2020 Giants 300 Reports, including #42 on the Top 100 Industrial Design Giants, #72 on the Sports Facilities Design Giants, and #90 on the Healthcare Design Giants, and is ranked as a Top NCARB Firm of the Year from 2014-2017.
Ready to join the DC Team? Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Design Collaborative is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.