Community Hospital is committed to providing expert medical care to Northwest Indiana residents by investing in advanced technologies, innovative treatments and specialty trained staff. The hospital utilizes multidisciplinary teams of health professionals and shared governance among the nursing staff for increased collaboration and accountability in patient care. These efforts have led to the achievement of numerous quality awards and accreditations, recognizing Community Hospital’s consistent excellence in patient outcomes and experiences.
Director of Engineering
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering & Support Services, oversees managers/supervisors, staff and equipment of Maintenance, Clinical Engineering and Plant Operations for the Community Hospital as required to provide for the safety and comfort of patients, staff and public individuals. Directs Maintenance manager/supervisors in the upkeep of all hospital spaces. Directs Plant Operations’ managers/supervisors in operating and monitoring high pressure hot water boilers, water treatment procedures, absorption chillers, centravac chillers, steam generators, diesel power generators and HVAC air handling units when necessary. Plans, directs and controls all functions of the Clinical Engineering Departments to assure the highest possible level of safety, quality and equipment utilization; Assists managers/supervisors in coordinating all medical equipment maintenance and service procedures when necessary. This position supports the Community Hospital Main Campus and associated offsite locations.
- BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Business or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
- Preferred certified by AHA as a Certified Healthcare Facility Manager.
- Must be familiar with codes and standards related to Joint Commission, State Board of Health and NFPA.
- Must be familiar with human anatomy and physiology and healthcare treatment procedures.
- Microsoft Office, software applications, presentation skills, written communication skills, etc.
- Validation of driver’s license is required along with proof of auto insurance at time of hire and at annual performance review.
- Self-starter, people-oriented.
Interested applicants can apply online at https://careers.comhs.org