Columbus Regional Hospital
8304 Clinical Engineering Services
ABOUT THE JOB
Full-time; 40 hours/week, Hours: 6:00a-4:00p; Monday-Friday
Pay starts at $21.68/hour with additional compensation based on direct experience
Responsibilities include the highest levels of safety, maintenance and performance of the facility’s clinical and non-clinical equipment through safety inspections, preventive maintenance, calibration, corrective maintenance and equipment evaluation with associated reports and work orders. This position does not provide direct patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect and test equipment using manufacturer literature to determine operational and safety conditions.
- Perform periodic servicing such as lubricating, mechanical adjustments, electrical, electronic and calibration using manufacture literature.
- Perform routine electrical safety and preventative maintenance inspections on clinical equipment per manufacturer recommendations and accreditation agencies.
- Assemble and inspect new equipment.
- Install new equipment consistent with manufactures design plans and local requirements.
- Repair and service Clinical equipment and non-clinical equipment not operating in accordance with manufacture data.
- Consults with staff to ascertain that equipment functions properly and safely.
- Provide in-service education on an individual basis as required and provide in-service to departments as required.
- Perform administrative tasks, ensuring accuracy of the department’s CMMS system equipment data i.e. make, model and serial numbers, location, opening work orders, completing work orders with all pertinent data to include total time spent in completion, associated parts cost and any other information that may be relevant to the biomedical equipment and or clinical system in question.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in Electronics or a related field from an accredited college and or technical school;
- Or five to ten years related experience and/or training;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Req # 3590