The Security Supervisor is responsible for the organization, scheduling, and supervision of security services for the facilities and grounds of Witham Health Services (WHS). This position is a working Supervisor and also performs the duties of a Security Officer. This position will interface with employees, patients, visitors, and other guests on campus. It will also work effectively with local and state law enforcement agencies; as well as, other community groups. The Security Supervisor will also use technology to record incidents, rounds of the campus, and assist in investigations. This role will make recommendations for ways to enhance and improve security at WHS.
- High school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
- 5 or more years of working experience in the security industry is required.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Experience working security in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Some formal training related to law enforcement or security practices is preferred.
- A valid Indiana Drivers’ license and a driving history that meets the minimum requirements of WHS insurance companies.
- Available to work days, evenings, nights or weekends and holidays as schedule requires.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and other tracking software.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current CPI certification.
- Certified Healthcare Security Professional (required within 2 years of employment)
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain confidentiality with regards to patients and healthcare operations.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with WHS teamwork requirements.
- Willingness to support organizational goals and decisions that pertain to WHS.
- Must be neat in appearance, reflecting a positive, professional, courteous manner to patients, employees, peers, families, visitors, Medical Staff, and Administration.
- Works within the applicable guidelines of
- Life Safety Code,
- Indiana Stated Board of Health,
- The Joint Commission (TJC), and
- Any other Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).