Witham has been named a Top Work Place in Central Indiana by the Indianapolis Star and a Platinum Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association. We have served Boone County and the surrounding communities for over 100 years. Witham offers a robust benefit package including a retirement plan with a company match, health and life insurance, and PTO. Competitive wages are based on experience.
Director of Environmental Safety
The Director of Environmental Safety plans daily, weekly and monthly needs of the department. Conducts daily inspections and acts/reacts to the workloads and activities of the Environmental Services (EVS) personnel. Conducts necessary rounding of the hospital and facilities regularly in order to evaluate proper cleanliness, safety, and procedures that are to be adhered to for all shifts in the department. The Director determines cleaning priorities and schedules, monitors staff productivity, assists the Infection Control Practitioner with monitoring areas that require special cleaning techniques and procedures. Responsible for training EVS processes. Meets regularly with Plant Operations in order to provide reports on progress and needs. This position serves as the organization’s Safety and Medical Laser Officer including remaining qualified with appropriate training for responsibilities associated with medical lasers.
Continuously seeks ways to improve knowledge and performance of the position and department.
Minimum Education/License/Certification Requirements
- Five to ten years of work experience in a housekeeping or EVS role or demonstrated knowledge of housekeeping techniques, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Willing to manage 24/7 departmental operations.
- Experience in supervision required.
- Competent oral/written communicator.
- Goal oriented.
- Must have means of communication via phone etc.; as well as, necessary transportation to meet the needs of the department and requirements of the position.
- Associates degree in Business or Management preferred.
- Certification in healthcare EVS or obtain certification within six (6) months of employment required.
- Certifications required of a Safety Officer within one (1) year hire.
Learn more: http://www.witham.org/careers