- Help you build your professional skills: ISHE offers regularly scheduled educational meetings and tours on such topics as engineering management, energy conservation, preventative maintenance, managing your medical equipment program, electrical safety, fire safety and codes and standard updates. These meetings alone are worth thousands of dollars … yet as a member these educational meetings and healthcare facility tours are included in your membership!
- Help you build your professional network and gain new ideas: ISHE offers semi-annual statewide conference to learn the latest information on current issues from the experts and to exchange ideas with society members from across the state.
- Help you find resources: ISHE offers a member-only directory of membership that includes the official roster of members, officers, and associate members.
- Help you stay on top of Indiana healthcare engineering news and project information: ISHE offers the monthly ISHE Issues email magazine that includes both current news and in-depth articles and photos on new Indiana-based healthcare engineering projects.
- Help you promote the future of healthcare engineering. One of the great benefits of ISHE membership is that it makes your child or grandchild eligible for ISHE scholarships of up to $1,000 per year.
How does ISHE benefit the profession and your facility?
ISHE activities help members to further develop their professional abilities and provide opportunities for members to exchange ideas and keep abreast of their discipline through its meetings and contact with members. See a summary of ISHE membership benefits in a flyer you can share with others or see the short ISHE membership video on the bottom of the home page.
Who is eligible for ISHE membership?
There are two types of ISHE membership opportunities available: Full Membership and Associate Membership. To apply for an ISHE membership, please complete the membership application form. Already a member? Renew now.
“Full” membership in the society is available to those individuals who work in healthcare facilities, and who are active in the field of hospital engineering, and related hospital fields. Hospital engineering embraces multiple engineering disciplines that include managing, operating, and maintaining the physical plant facilities; communication and biomedical equipment and systems in health care facilities.
“Associate” members are suppliers of materials and services to health care facilities. Associate membership may be granted to individuals not otherwise eligible for full membership, who are actively involved with hospital or health care engineering in the State of Indiana. Associate membership shall be granted only to those professionals who will make a significant contribution to the betterment of the Society.
Membership in the society becomes effective upon recommendation of the secretary and approval by the members in the district, which the applicant belongs, and receipt by the secretary of the specified dues.
Apply right now online!
Already a member?